Thursday, June 24, 2021

What is type Blood of People Who seldom Died from Malaria?

Fig 01- A Bird feeder in the yard, just for illustration

World Health Organization (WHO) estimated about 500,000 people died due to malaria worldwide, especially in developing nations every year.

Not surprise that Malaria is one of top 10 diseases in tropical countries. The diseases mainly affect on:

- about 80% to 90% are kids below 5 years old
- majority in rural areas of Africa

Other billion of population in 92 countries are risk to malaria. 6 countries with almost cases and death of Malaria are:

- Nigeria (23%)
- the Democratic Republic of the Congo (11%)
- United Republic of Tanzania (5%)
- Burkina Faso (4%)
- Mozambique (4%)
- Niger (4%).


Fig 02- Outdoor green plants


Fig 03- Succulent plants at outdoor

Luckily, one blood type is less vulnerable to malaria.

The question then: What is type Blood of People Who seldom Died from Malaria?

The simple answer is : O type Blood.

Why?

Because RIFIN protein which causes malaria is less bond to cell of O type blood, hence, the protein is not able to damage cells.

People with O type blood tend to survive if infected by malaria diseases.

Does the fact make you surprise?

4 comments:

  1. Interesting. Sadly, I am the opposite of O, so I guess I'm doomed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea. I survived cancer, I'm still surviving Crohn's disease, and would likely survive malaria. Thank goodness for O, then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You won't believe this, but I forgot my type of blood.I'll have to check it.

    ReplyDelete